There have been a few different versions of The Decktet Book.
Which version do I have?
On the second page of the book, to the right of the copyright notice, there is a letter and number in a square frame. That's the version number. For example, the scrap below is from version A.2.
version A.1, preprint draft; You only have one of these if you got it from me.
13feb2010: version A.2, first public release; only minor changes from the preprint draft:
- p. 30: Sentence added, "A player may choose to pass even if they have cards that they could legally play."
31mar2010: version A.3, minor corrections - including:
- p. 13: Corrected to read "the Harvest...has the Suns-Leaves combination.... Adding the Courts to the basic deck introduces a Suns-Leaves card - the Window..."
- p. 18: Sentence added, "Also - roots are just as natural as branches, so the metaphor doesn't really work."
- p. 31: Added: "If a player ought to start the next season but cannot play a caravan - because they have only Aces and Crowns - then the other player starts the season. If neither player can start a season, then the round ends and players score only for cards collected."
- p. 95: "play normally, highest rank first" corrected to read "play normally, lowest rank first".
- p. 109: "wisdom, especially divine wisdom" amended to read "wisdom, especially arcane or divine wisdom"; "power, perhaps divine power" is amended to read "power, reaching beyond the individual and structuring the world".
- p. 121: "Quentin Hudspeth" added as a proofreader.
- p. 122: "William Ames" added to the playtesters for Caravan.
version B.1, preprint draft of the Revised and Expanded edition. You might have seen this if you were involved in editting.
30oct2011: version B.2, first public release of the Revised and Expanded edition.