There have been a few different versions of The Decktet Book.
Which version do I have?
On the second page of the book, to the right of the copyright notice, there is a letter and number in a square frame. That's the version number. For example, the scrap below is from version A.2.
version A.1, preprint draft; You only have one of these if you got it from me.
13feb2010: version A.2, first public release; only minor changes from the preprint draft:
- p. 30: Sentence added, "A player may choose to pass even if they have cards that they could legally play."
31mar2010: version A.3, minor corrections - including:
- p. 13: Corrected to read "the Harvest...has the Suns-Leaves combination.... Adding the Courts to the basic deck introduces a Suns-Leaves card - the Window..."
- p. 18: Sentence added, "Also - roots are just as natural as branches, so the metaphor doesn't really work."
- p. 31: Added: "If a player ought to start the next season but cannot play a caravan - because they have only Aces and Crowns - then the other player starts the season. If neither player can start a season, then the round ends and players score only for cards collected."
- p. 95: "play normally, highest rank first" corrected to read "play normally, lowest rank first".
- p. 109: "wisdom, especially divine wisdom" amended to read "wisdom, especially arcane or divine wisdom"; "power, perhaps divine power" is amended to read "power, reaching beyond the individual and structuring the world".
- p. 121: "Quentin Hudspeth" added as a proofreader.
- p. 122: "William Ames" added to the playtesters for Caravan.
If you have the old edition, there is an Update ($1.99). It is formatted for printing two-up on 8.5x11 paper, but it will scale gracefully to A4.
version B.1, preprint draft of the Revised and Expanded edition. You might have seen this if you were involved in editting.
30oct2011: version B.2, first public release of the Revised and Expanded edition.